Friday 22 January 2016

Lipin in the limelight

I'm not in the habit of giving Bloomberg much praise as the journalists that work there are pretty good at praising themselves.

However, I have to admit I rather enjoyed this - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-21/deal-of-the-week-controlling-the-m-a-story - from the mighty news outlet's M&A team.

The podcast contains an interview with Steve Lipin, a former top M&A reporter at the Wall Street Journal who now works at uber corporate comms firm Brunswick, and is carried out by some of Bloomberg's top deal reporters.

I have dealt with Lipin a few times, most recently when I was trying to stack up my story last February about 3G/Anheuser-Busch Inbev weighing a £75 billion takeover bid for SAB Miller.

I can't say he was particularly helpful with my story (I went ahead and published it anyway in the Mail on Sunday) - but if your an avid follower of mega deals then his insight on M&A journalism and PR on the podcast is definitely worthwhile listening to if you have a spare 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment