Friday 18 December 2015

Stryker returns?

The Stryker for Smith & Nephew rumour has returned roughly a year after Bloomberg was putting it about the market.

This time, though, the tale is being aired by The Street / Thestreetinsider.com (see below).

Stryker (NYSE: SYK) has tabled an approximately $18 billion offer for Smith & Nephew (NYSE: SNN), according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Goldman Sachs is acting as advisor, and deal talks could move quickly, the source said.
This isn’t the first time rumors about the bid have surfaced, but the merger never came about for reasons that are not clear.
Discussing M&A on the company’s third-quarter conference call, Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said M&A is difficult to predict in terms of timing, though he said M&A continues to be the company’s first priority in terms of using cash.
Lobo went on to say, “…valuations is one factor; it's not always the only factor. We also have issues sometimes around quality, of remediation that's required. Sometimes it's cultural fit, so there's always a range of issues that we go through when we're looking at a target, and as we get under the covers and do due diligence, then we sort of figure out whether we really want to move forward or not.”
When asked to respond to the rumor, a representative from Stryker said it doesn’t comment on M&A activity. Smith & Nephew also declined to comment.

Now, if I'm honest I have no visibility on whether Stryker has recently tabled an offer but I note The Street / Thestreetinsider.com hasn't got a recent track record of breaking M&A scoops - although the news outlet is clearly looking to establish itself in the M&A reporting game as it's recent efforts around Relypsa, the US biotech company, has shown.

However, I do understand The Street / Thestreetinsider.com has got at least one fact right - that over the last eighteen months Stryker has been looking at this situation via heavyweight investment bank Goldman Sachs - and a couple of other advisers.

So, make what you will of that...

3 comments:

  1. I lost my husband to another woman 12 weeks ago after 27 years of marriage . We had a lovely marriage but he started a relationship with a co worker who chased after him . He is living away near his work and her and refuses to talk to me or to come home . I am devastated and am finding it hard to cope . I wish I did not love him and that I could move on but I can't . I don't know how to stop feeling like this I wish I didn't as its eating me away and I m starting to feel ill. I have degraded myself begging him to come home all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Frank Ojo can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. tow days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Frank Ojo . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. if you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, This is his details, E-mail: Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com , Web site: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com . Mobile number +2348072370762. Thank you all for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't listen any of these fake testimonials, they are all fake.
    https://spellcastersexposed.wordpress.com/?s=dr+brave

    ReplyDelete
  3. How i got my boyfriend back.My name is Stacey Bruno.I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster once when i went to see my friend in Indian this year on a business summit. I meant a man who's name is Dr ATILA he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one's gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell .I'm now happy %26 a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 5 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 3years. I really loved him, but his mother was against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 7 days when i returned to Canada, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I didn't believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email is atilahealinghome@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete