Friday 8 May 2015

The double mansion tax party

I'm sure most (UK-based) readers have had enough of the general election by now but just thought I would see whether anybody knows which banker threw the "double mansion tax party" last night?

According to Harriet Agnew's excellent and amusing City Insider column in the Financial Times today, a senior City banker held the "double mansion tax" party at his "huge suburban mansion".

The idea was to have an election party that would either celebrate or commiserate dependant on which party/parties were elected today. Apparently, according to Agnew, City folk weren't welcome unless you owned two properties that qualified for the mansion tax.

Here is a link to Agnew's column, which also contains some other humorous stories about a variety of election parties that took place across the City:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9e6729ea-f4a1-11e4-8a42-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ZNvEQJzd

Do get in contact - anonymously, of course - via the usual channels if you know who threw the "double mansion tax" party...

1 comment:

  1. I am ROSE SMITH from CANADA a single parent, before my husband died he left us with so much DEBT that we could not cope with life, I was totally confused on what to do. When I was going through the internet I came across a POST by MARCUS CAFE about how Mrs JULIA NAVARO help him to get a loan so I applied for the loan from JULIA NAVARO through her mail (navaroloancompany@yahoo.com) of $200,000 with a duration of 10 years. When I was applying for the loan I made a vow to GOD that if I get the loan I will let the world know what she did for me, to my greatest surprise my loan was granted with
    an interest of 2%. I was able to settle my debt and start up a new life and business with a settled family. So if you want any type of loan for as low as 2% please contact JULIA NAVARO on her mail navaroloancompany@yahoo.com.I just fulfilled my vow.

    ReplyDelete