Thursday 4 September 2014

One last moment of smugness for Dixons Carhpone

Apologies for the blatant self promotion and backslapping but I thought I would take this moment to point out that index compiler FTSE yesterday confirmed that Dixons Carphone will be promoted to the FTSE 100 index as part of the next quarterly reshuffle.

Readers might recall that I broke the story back in February on little old Betaville about Carphone Warehouse being in merger talks with Dixons Retail with a view to creating a FTSE 100 retail giant worth over £3.5 billion. The tale was probably one of my best scoops since I started in financial journalism almost a decade ago.

Anyway, if you have been looking for confirmation to the speculation from earlier in the week that the newly-merged retail group was on course to be promoted then click on this link below:

www.ftse.com/tech_notices/2014/Q3/FTSE_UK_Review.xls

No comments:

Post a Comment